- 1/4 Pound proscuitto, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 Pound ground beef
- 1 Pound ground pork
- 1 Pound ground veal
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 28-ounce can crushed San Marzano Italian Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 Pound cooked pasta, such as tagliatelle or rigatoni, reserve some cooking liquid
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook the diced prosciutto until crispy. Add the garlic clove, white onion, carrot, and celery, and cook for a couple of minutes. Then add the beef, pork, and veal and cook thoroughly, making sure it’s all well mixed. Add the bay leaf and cook ingredients together for fifteen minutes, stirring frequently. Next, add in the tomatoes and reduce heat to low, bringing the mixture to a simmer. Cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Add a few ounces of the pasta water and the butter to the tomato sauce and season with salt and pepper. Mix a small amount of the Bolognese sauce into the cooked pasta, then top with the remaining sauce and the Parmesan cheese. Serve right away!