David’s Turkey Burgers
- 1 Pound ground turkey
- ⅓- ½ Cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1½ Tablespoon dry steak seasoning
- ½ Teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 egg whites, whisked
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Hamburger rolls, for serving
Preheat a barbecue, indoor grill, or a skillet for stovetop cooking.
Combine the turkey, breadcrumbs, steak seasoning, ground cumin, egg whites, garlic, onions, and some salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly with your hands. (Be careful not to over-knead the mixture; otherwise the burgers will be tough.) Form the meat into patties about ¾-inch thick.
If using a grill, cook the burgers over high heat until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F. If using the stovetop, cook the burgers over medium-high heat until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F.