- 2 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 Teaspoons baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 Cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2/3 Cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 Ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 Cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Using nonstick spray, grease 2 baking sheets, or line them with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Using a handheld electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars together in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating until incorporated. Beat in the vanilla. Mix in the dry ingredients with the mixer on low speed until just combined. Stir in the chocolate and cherries with a wooden spoon.
Scoop by the heaping tablespoonful onto the baking sheets. Bake until golden and chewy, about 12-15 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.