Cucumber, Pomegranate & Corn Salad With Poppy Seeds
This salad is a major crowd-pleaser and very easy to boot. It always amazes me how much both kids and adults like it. Serve over leftover room-temperature basmati rice for a one-dish lunch.
- 4 Kirby (pickling) cucumbers, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 Cup cooked corn kernels (fresh or canned)
- 1/4 Cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
In a bowl, toss together the cucumbers, corn, pomegranate seeds, and poppy seeds.
In a small glass bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oils, and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Whisk in a pinch each of salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to mix well. Serve right away.