- 1 package (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
- 1 Teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 16 Ounces chocolate frosting
- McCormick® Black Food Color
- Assorted decorations, such as chocolate sprinkles, black string licorice, red candy-coated pieces and white chocolate chips
Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding vanilla.
Bake as directed on package for cupcakes.
Cool cupcakes on wire rack.
Tint frosting black with 1/2 teaspoon black food color.
Frost cupcakes, mounding frosting in center of cupcake to create a dome shape.
Sprinkle cupcakes with chocolate sprinkles.
Cut string licorice into 2-inch lengths and use for the spider legs.
Attach candy-coated pieces to flat side of chocolate chips with some frosting.
Use for the eyes.