- 2 Cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 Cup plus 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/4 Cup chicken bouillon granules
- 2 Teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 Teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 Teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1 Teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon white pepper
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Use as a substitute for half of a 10-3/4-ounce can of condensed cream of chicken, mushroom or celery soup.
In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk 2/3 cup water and 3 tablespoons soup mix. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, whisking occasionally.
For mushroom soup, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup sauteed sliced mushrooms. For celery soup, add 1/8 teaspoon celery salt or one sauteed sliced or chopped celery rib.