- 2/3 Cups sugar
- 1/2 Cup toasted wheat germ, such as Kretschmer Original
- 1 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 Cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 Cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 Cup fresh orange juice
- 2 Teaspoons orange zest
- 1 Cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and roughly chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, combine the sugar, wheat germ, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sour cream, oil, orange juice, and zest.
Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Stir in the cranberries. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake in the middle of the oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a rack. Slice when ready to serve.