- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled, cut in half, and yolks mashed in a bowl
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1/3 Cup chopped cooked crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 3 Teaspoons plus 1 teaspoon diced avocado
- 2 Teaspoons chopped onion
- 2 Teaspoons capers, drained well
- 1 Teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 Teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon celery seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Paprika, for garnish
Combine the thoroughly mashed yolks with the mayonnaise and sour cream. Stir in the crabmeat, avocado, onion, capers, garlic, lemon juice, and celery seeds. Taste, then season with salt and pepper.
Fill the whites evenly with the mixture and garnish each egg half with a sprinkling of paprika.