Couscous with Roasted Vegetables and Feta
This side dish can also serve as a meal on its own, but it's great as an accompaniment to a protein like grilled chicken or fresh fish. It's quick and easy to make, and you can use any combination of vegetables you like.
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, cut into thirds
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Teaspoons dried basil
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Teaspoon chile flakes, or to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 Cup couscous
- 6 Ounces feta, crumbled
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Toss the onion, eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, and garlic with the olive oil and seasonings. Spread the vegetable mixture on a foil-lined baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake until the vegetables are nicely roasted, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven.
Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to the package directions. Fluff with a fork. Mix together the couscous, vegetables, and feta until well combined. Serve warm or at room temperature.