- 2 Pounds fresh collard greens
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 Cups Kitchen Basics® All Natural Original Chicken Stock
- 1/4 Teaspoon McCormick® Ground Pepper Black
- 1/4 Teaspoon McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper
Wash collard greens thoroughly.
Cut off stems and discard.
Coarsely chop collard greens and set aside.
Cook bacon in 4-quart Dutch oven on medium heat until crisp on both sides.
Drain bacon on paper-towel lined plate; crumble and set aside.
Add onion and garlic to bacon drippings in pan; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender.
Stir in collard greens, stock, black pepper and crushed red pepper.
Bring to boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer about 1 hour or until collard greens are tender.
Serve with crumbled bacon.