Coffee and Chili Rubbed Steak Tip Skewers
The coffee rub gives these steak skewers a rich, almost chocolaty taste. Grill them outside if weather permits or bring the party indoors with the convenience of an indoor grill. — Angela Carlos
Recipe Courtesy of Community Coffee.
- 2 1/2 Pounds beef fillet or skirt steak, cut into 1/4” to 1/2” cubes
- 20 skewers, metal or bamboo (note: bamboo must be soaked in cold water for at least 30 mins)
- 4 Teaspoons chili powder
- 6 Teaspoons ground dark roast coffee, such as Community Coffee
- 4 Teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 Teaspoon cilantro, ground
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 Teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 Teaspoons dark brown sugar, tightly packed
Cut beef into cubes and skewer 4 cubes on to each skewer.
In a small bowl, make dry rub by combining chili powder, coffee, brown sugar, mustard, cilantro, salt, pepper and garlic.
Evenly coat each meat skewer with dry rub.
Cook on charcoal or gas grill for about 6 to 10 minutes (medium-high heat) or sear in a cast iron skillet with one tablespoon of olive oil for about 7 to 12 minutes (medium-high heat). When cooked, serve with your favorite BBQ or steak sauce.