- 4 extra large peaches, diced
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon almond extract
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 Cups old-fashioned oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 Cup whole-wheat flour (or millet flour)
- 2 Tablespoons agave
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Use a nonstick cooking spray to coat an 8-inch square baking pan.
In a medium bowl, combine the diced peaches, cornstarch, almond extract, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon until well mixed.
In a separate bowl, combine the oats, flour, and the rest of the cinnamon. Once that is mixed, add in the agave and butter and continue mixing until the ingredients are combined.
Pour the peach mixture into a medium pan and spread evenly. Scatter the oat crumbs on top and bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 45 minutes.
Cool completely to room temperature. For best results, let the crumble rest for 2 hours after coming to room temperature before serving to allow the juices to thicken.