Chef Aarón Sánchez's chorizo and beef burger with grilled sweet potato is the perfect meal for any summer grilling session. Paired with Terrazas de los Andes Reserva Malbec, it's a recipe for success at your outdoor family gathering.
Add all ingredients to food processor or blender and blend until salsa-like consistency.
1. Heat a dry skillet over medium-low heat. Pour in the cumin, coriander, fennel, and mustard seeds along with the pieces of pasilla and ancho chiles. Toast, stirring constantly, until it’s very aromatic and just beings to smoke, about 3 minutes.
2. Dump the mixture onto a plate and let it cool to room temperature. Grind it to a fine powder in a spice grinder or clean coffee grinder.
3. Put the powder in a large bowl and add the oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. Stir them really well to combine.
4. Store the adobo in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag in a cool, dark place for up to a month.
Makes approximately 1½ cups
1. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
2. Make cilantro-lime crema: add crema (or sour cream), jalapeño, lime juice and zest (from 2 limes), cilantro and salt to a blender or food processor and combine until smooth. Remove from blender jar and set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine chorizo, ground beef and Aarón’s Adobo and mix well. Season with salt and divide into four to five equal parts and gently shape into patties. Press a shallow thumbprint into the center of each patty.
4. Cook patties on the grill, approximately three minutes per side (for medium rare), or longer based on preference.
5. Season sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and Aarón’s Adobo and grill for 2 minutes per side.
6. Remove patties and sweet potatoes from grill and set aside. Lightly toast buns on grill for approximately 30 seconds or until golden brown.
7. Add arugula, pickled onions, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and juice of one lime to a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Lightly toss until well mixed.
8. To assemble each burger: spread cilantro-lime crema on the bottom bun, add patty, sweet potato slice (or slices!), red chimichurri, then top with arugula and onion salad, and finish with top bun. Enjoy!