Chilled Vodka and Tomato Gazpacho
This originally started out as a new cocktail I was creating, but after a while I realized it makes a great quick appetizer "shot." The vodka is so subtle that the gazpacho is really the main attraction.
- 1/2 Pound chopped tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon chopped celery
- 1 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1 avocado
- 1 shot Tito's vodka, or any brand of vodka you prefer
- 1 Teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 Cup chopped bacon
- Pepper, to taste
In a blender, combine all of the ingredients except for the vodka, celery salt, bacon, and pepper and purée until smooth.
Strain using a fine mesh strainer and chill for 1 hour. Rim shot glasses by dipping them in the vodka and then the celery salt. Pour gazpacho into the shot glass and garnish with bacon.