- 1/2 Cup walnuts
- 1/4 Cup dried rose petals, crushed
- 2 Cups Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 Cup ice water
- 1/2 Cup golden raisins
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 1/4 Cup mint, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup dill, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup chives, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Ground sumac, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and toast for about 10 minutes. Let cool, then chop finely.
In a small bowl, cover the rose petals with cold water and let stand until softened, about 20 minutes. Drain the petals and squeeze dry.
In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt with the ice water. Stir in the raisins, cucumber, mint, dill, chives, walnuts, and rose petals. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until very cold. Serve the soup sprinkled with sumac.