- 32 Ounces tater tots
- 1 1/2 Pound lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- A few shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 Teaspoons cumin
- 8 Ounces tomato sauce
- 8 Ounces can of water (use the empty tomato sauce can)
- 2 Cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sour cream (optional)
- Green onions, sliced (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Arrange the tater tots in the bottom of a 9x13-in. baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook and crumble the beef with the salt, pepper and onion until the beef is no longer pink. Drain if necessary. Return the mixture to the skillet. Add the Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, tomato sauce and water to the skillet. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until it reaches your desired consistency. (I like ours the consistency of Sloppy Joe's, but make yours how you like it).
Top the baked tater tots with the chili. Sprinkle with the cheese. Return to the oven and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through. To serve, top individual portions with sour cream and green onions, if desired.