Make the most of autumn's seasonal fruits with this delicious Chicken Salad with Apples and Cranberries. The recipe can be served on crusty breads or rolls to create a sandwich, or alone on a plate garnished with additional apple slices to create a meal that is as appealing on the eyes as it is to the palate.
- 12 ounces chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 2 apples, cored and cubed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of salt, to taste
- 1 apple, cored and sliced for garnish (optional)
- Dash of paprika, to garnish plate (optional)
1. Combine the chicken, cubed apples, celery, and cranberries in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, mix the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, paprika, and salt to create a dressing.
3. Pour the dressing over the chicken mixture and fold gently with a rubber spatula to distrubute the dressing evenly.
4. Spoon the chicken salad onto the center of four plates. Garnish with additional apple slices and a dash of paprika if desired.