Chicken Salad with Apples and Cranberries
Make the most of autumn's seasonal fruits with this delicious Chicken Salad with Apples and Cranberries. The recipe can be served on crusty breads or rolls to create a sandwich, or alone on a plate garnished with additional apple slices to create a meal that is as appealing on the eyes as it is to the palate.
- 12 ounces chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 2 apples, cored and cubed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of salt, to taste
- 1 apple, cored and sliced for garnish (optional)
- Dash of paprika, to garnish plate (optional)
1. Combine the chicken, cubed apples, celery, and cranberries in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, mix the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, paprika, and salt to create a dressing.
3. Pour the dressing over the chicken mixture and fold gently with a rubber spatula to distrubute the dressing evenly.
4. Spoon the chicken salad onto the center of four plates. Garnish with additional apple slices and a dash of paprika if desired.