Chicken Mole Quinoa Bowl
Top quinoa with shredded chicken, a pumpkin mole sauce, and piles of vegetables for a healthy, hearty, and simple meal.
This recipe is courtesy of Urban Accents.
- 1 Pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 6 Ounces pumpkin mole sauce, preferably Urban Accents
- 2 Cups cooked quinoa
- 1 onion, chopped and sautéed
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped and sautéed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped and sautéed
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted and chopped
- 1 Cup corn
- 1 Cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Cilantro, chopped, for garnish
Lightly salt and pepper both sides of the chicken.
Add oil to a sauté pan set over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides, and then cook for 8 more minutes. Add sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Shred the chicken and place it in a separate pot.
To assemble, divide quinoa between 4 bowls. Layer chicken, sautéed vegetables, tomato, avocado, corn, and black beans on top. Drizzle the sauce over the bowl, squeeze with a lime wedge, and sprinkle with cilantro.