Not only is this hash brown casserole great at brunch, it’s also perfect for a burger bash. It’s baked to gooey perfection, and it doesn't require you to stand over a hot frying pan. In fact, you can prepare it the night before your gathering and place it in your fridge overnight. Before your guests arrive, pull out the casserole and let it come to room temperature. Once it’s not cold to the touch, place it in the oven, bake, serve, and enjoy.
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (white or yellow onion works)
- 10 Ounces cream of chicken condensed soup, such as Campbell's
- 8 Ounces freshly grated Colby Jack cheese
- 8 Ounces freshly grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 Pound frozen shredded hash browns (thawed)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Spray a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
In a very large bowl, stir together butter, salt, pepper, onion, cream of chicken soup, and cheese.
Gently toss the hash browns until they're all coated with the mixture.
Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and cooked through.
To get a nice crust on top, place the casserole under a broiler for 5 minutes — watch it carefully.