Champagne Grapes Salad With Pumpkin Seeds and Feta
My co-workers often tease me that almost every dish I make includes feta and tomatoes. While they are mostly right, I opted to use sweet, tiny Champagne grapes in lieu of tomatoes for this recipe. Though they are difficult to eat off the stem, they provide a tiny burst of flavor in each bite that nicely balances the tangy feta.
- 1 ½ tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- One 11-ounce box of mixed greens
- ½ cup crumbled feta, preferably Bulgarian
- ½ cup Champagne grapes, removed from the stem
Heat a dry skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the pumpkin seeds and toast for about 2-3 minutes, shaking the pan so that they don't burn. (You'll start to smell the oils being released once they are getting nice and toasted.) Set aside and allow to cool.
Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, mix the lime juice, oil, salt, and pepper to taste. Add the greens and feta, tossing lightly to coat. Top with the grapes and seeds and serve immediately.