Campbell's Gumbo Casserole
Go to your cupboard immediately. Push the boxes of pasta to the left and the snack boxes to the right. Buried behind the clutter of your cabinets, we can guarantee you have at least one can of Campbell’s soup. Whether it was warming us up after a day in the snow or simply packed in our school lunches, we all have a relationship with the signature red and white can. What if we told you that this beloved product is more than just a can of soup? A can of soup can transform your average casserole into a gourmet work of art, starting with this tasty Gumbo Casserole dish.
Make It Your Own: The best part about gumbo is that there are barely any rules when it comes to making it. Try stirring in other favorite cooked meats like ground beef to give it a more hearty consistency.
- Two 10.75-ounce cans Campbell's Condensed Light Chicken Gumbo Soup
- 1 soup-can of water
- 1 Teaspoon dried and minced onion
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Cup frozen okra, thawed
- 3/4 Cups uncooked instant white rice
- 1/2 Pound cooked ham, diced
- 1/2 Pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Stir in the soup, water, onion, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, okra, rice, ham, and shrimp in a 2-quart casserole.
Bake for 35 minutes or until the rice is tender. Stir the soup mixture before serving.