Spring time is all about starting fresh and trying new things. Potatopia’s CEO and Founder, Allen Dikker has put a completely new spin on the traditional potato skin recipe, by adding unpredictable ingredients into the mix such as fresh olive oil, capers, and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, to make the ultimate dish that any guests will love: Caesar Salad Potato Skins with White Truffle Oil.
- 3/4 Cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon capers rinsed, drained and minced
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 3 romaine hearts (1 1/2 pounds), finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for garnish
- 6 medium potatoes, broiled cut and hollowed out
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon chili powder
- white truffle oil for drizzle
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine vegetable oil, onion powder and chili powder. Rub potatoes with the mixture and place on a 9- x 13-inch baking sheet.
3. Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until potato edges are crispy and brown.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk the minced garlic with the lemon juice, anchovy paste and capers. Gradually whisk in the ¾ cup of olive oil and season the dressing with salt and pepper.
5. In a large bowl, toss the romaine with the Parmigiano-Reggiano and the dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Mound the salad on the potato skins, garnished with shaved cheese and drizzle with white truffle oil