Organic Bruschetta with Garden Tomatoes and Homemade Ricotta
You can never go wrong with this dish! This bruschetta recipe is always a great choice to serve as an appetizer.
- 1 1/2 Cup small organic tomatoes, cut into quarters or smaller
- 1 organic gypsy pepper, small dice
- 1 organic shallot, small dice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh organic basil, chiffonade
- 1 Tablespoon fresh organic oregano, chiffonade
- Salt and pepper
- Enough organic ricotta cheese to spread on each slice of toast
- Baguette, sliced thinly on a bias
- Good quality olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a baking sheet, place the sliced bread on top and drizzed with oil. Bake until toasted, about 5-8 minutes.
Combine the tomatoes, peppers, shallots, basil, and oregano into a bowl. Add salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix well. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes to macerate. Once the bread is toasted, spread ricotta cheese over each piece of toast.
Top with tomato mixture. Serve.