- 1 Cup unsalted butter
- 2 Cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 Cups mashed bananas with 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 Tablespoons diced candied ginger
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 Teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 Cups flour
- 4 Cups mascarpone cheese mixed with ½ cup sugar and ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Cups toasted coconut
Pre-heat the oven 350 degrees F.
Cook the butter in a sauté pan until bubbling and brown, be careful not to burn the butter. Combine the butter and brown sugar in a bowl and mix well. Allow to cool add the eggs and mix well. Add the bananas and mix well. Add the vanilla and ginger and mix well. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix well.
Pour the batter into a well-greased and sugared 9-inch cake pan.
Bake until when pressed in the center the cake just about springs back. Remove the cake and allow to cool.
Flip the cake onto a cake plate.
To finish the cake, top with sweetened mascarpone cheese and toasted coconut.