- 2 15.5 ounce cans seasoned black beans
- 1 Cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ small onion, diced very small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ Cup corn kernels
- ½ Teaspoon chipotle powder
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- Canola oil, for grilling
- 4 slices jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Lettuce, for serving
- Sliced tomato, for serving
- Sliced red onion, for serving
Drain the beans but do not rinse them. Add the bread crumbs, onion, garlic, corn, chipotle powder, salt, pepper, and egg to the beans and then mix with your hands, squishing some of the beans as you go to form a chunky paste.
Form the black bean mixture into 4 burger patties.
Heat your grill to medium heat and brush each of the black bean burger patties with canola oil to prevent sticking. Cook the patties until heated through, about 5 minutes per side.
Then, place 1 slice of cheese onto each patty and cook for 2 minutes more, or until the cheese is melted.
Serve the black bean burgers on the toasted buns, topped with lettuce, tomato, and red onion, to taste.