Beet Carpaccio With Blue Cheese Mousse
Cooking Planit is a meal planning website that takes the thinking and the guess-work out of cooking. It helps home cooks plan and prepare full meals with step-by-step instructions, ensuring all recipes in the meal are ready at the same time.Created by Cooking Planit's culinary director chef Emily Wilson, this recipe is an elegant and sophisticated way to showcase beets. With Cooking Planit's tactics in mind, a few simple ingredients come together to make a exciting blue cheese mousse that adds the perfect amount of tang to the beet's subtle flavor.
- 2 Ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 Ounce cream cheese, softened
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 Cup cooked and sliced asparagus, cut on a bias into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium red beets
- 2 Tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/3 Cup heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoons walnut oil
- 3 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.