- 1 Tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 2 Pounds beef flank steak, trimmed of fat
- 1 Cup low-sodium beef broth
- ½ Pound fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 Teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 Teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 6 Ounces mixed lettuce leaves
Heat the grapeseed oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the steak, about 4 minutes per side.
Transfer the beef and juices to a medium-sized, heavy-bottomed pot. Cover with the beef broth and stir in the tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, and garlic along with the cumin, salt, cilantro, olive oil, and vinegar. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 45 to 60 minutes, until the meat is tender.
When ready to serve, shred the meat with forks and place on top of mixed lettuce leaves.