- 2 Cups buttercup squash, peeled and cubed
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 Tablespoons sliced sun dried tomatoes
- 6 Cups chopped kale
- 1 Cup cannellini beans, cooked or canned and drained
- Balsamic vinegar, to finish
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Toss the cubed squash with a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Place in a baking pan and roast until it is soft, about 20 to 25 minutes.
In a medium sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the sun dried tomatoes and sauté 1 minute. Add the kale and sauté for a few more minutes.
Add the cannellini beans, another pinch of salt, and 1/2 cup water, and cover the pan. When the kale is tender and the water is gone, add the roasted squash and stir to combine. Drizzle with a bit more olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar.