This recipe for barbecued nachos uses not one... not two... but three different types of meat. This is the perfect dish to serve at a summer gathering if you have any leftover barbecued meats. Top it with cheese and jalapenos for extra flavor.
This recipe is courtesy of Virgil's Real BBQ.
- 3 Ounces cooked pulled turkey
- 3 Ounces cooked pulled pork (optional)
- 3 Ounces cooked sliced and chopped barbecued brisket (optional)
- 1 1/2 Cup Virgil’s Mild BBQ Sauce (or substitute your favorite mild barbecue sauce)
- 3/4 (10 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 1 Cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 Cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 15 pickled jalapeno slices
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Combine the meats and barbecue sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Spread half the tortilla chips on a small cookie sheet.
Cover the chips with half of the meat and sauce.
Top with half of the cheese.
Repeat the process on top of this layer, using the other half of the ingredients.
Bake until the cheese is completely melted, about 10 minutes.
Remove and top with the jalapenos.