Baked Spaghetti Pie
This hearty Italian dish makes a simple spaghetti dinner without meat. Use homemade marinara sauce or a good bottled kind for an easy dinner. Add some garlic bread and a salad, and you're all set. This recipe is from Good Housekeeping.
- 1/2 Pound spaghetti
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (fifteen-ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 Cups fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 Cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons fresh romano cheese, grated
- 3 Cups or four cups marinara sauce
Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease 9-inch glass pie plate.
In large bowl, with fork, beat eggs.
Stir ricotta and Parmesan cheese until blended.
Add spaghetti to ricotta mixture and stir until well-coated.
Transfer spaghetti mixture to prepared pie plate; top with marinara sauce.
Sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Romano cheese.
Bake pie 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes for easier serving.
Cut into wedges to serve.