Baked Pears with Oatmeal Crumble Topping
From the blog, Grab a Plate
Dessert doesn’t have to be ooey, gooey or over-the-top to satisfy your sweet tooth. You can easily put together a great homemade treat like baked pears with oatmeal crumble topping.
This is a sweet, but not over-the-top, dessert that doesn't require any special pans or extra-special ingredients. A quick prep and a short time in the oven, and you'll have a delicious dessert good enough for company, or simply perfect just for yourself!
- 2 ripe pears (I’ve used Anjou and Bosc), split vertically with core and seeds carefully removed
- 1-1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the oatmeal, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
3. Place the halved pears in a baking dish.
4. Spoon the oatmeal mixture onto the top of each pear half and pat down to make a small mound. Dot each of the pear halves with the pieces of butter.
5. Bake, uncovered, for about 15 minutes. Turn the oven to broil to allow the topping to brown, just for about 30 seconds. Watch the pears carefully at this point so they don’t burn.
6. Serve with vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce or plain.