- 8 slices bacon, such as Safeway Farms or Safeway SELECT
- 1/3 Cup apricot preserves, such as Safeway SELECT
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar, such as Safeway Kitchens
- 4 Ounces cream cheese, softened, such as Lucerne
- 1/2 Cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, such as Lucerne
- 1 box (15 mini cups) mini phyllo cups, such as Safeway SELECT
- Fresh thyme, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a microwave or large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp (drain the fat), then allow to cool before cutting into pieces. Set aside.
In a small saucepan, heat and mix the apricot jam and vinegar over medium heat until well combined. Next, stir in the bacon and bring the ingredients to a rolling boil. Once this is reached, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, then set aside for later use.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and shredded jack cheese with a mixing spoon.
Spoon a teaspoon of the cheese mixture into each phyllo cup. Press down a bit to flatten.
Top each cup with a dollop of bacon jam.
Bake until the bacon jam just starts to lightly caramelize, 7 minutes.
Plate and serve, garnishing with a touch of fresh thyme.