- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, stems removed and thinly sliced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 slices thick bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream or whole milk
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Heat olive oil in a small ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook until onions are caramelized and golden in color, about 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat until crispy, about 10 minutes. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and dry off excess fat with paper towels. Discard bacon fat.
In a small bowl, beat the eggs with heavy cream (or milk if using) and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Turn heat under onions up to medium, and add egg mixture along with parsley and bacon bits.
Cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until bottom is set. Tilt the pan and push cooked egg towards center of skillet to let the uncooked eggs run underneath.
Sprinkle the cheese evenly over frittata and finish cooking in the oven until center is just set, about 4-5 minutes.