Asparagus Rice Pilaf
This side dish is great with almost everything — from grilled chicken breasts to pork stir-fry. Try using leftover rice for an even crunchier texture. Sliced almonds or cashews would be a wonderful addition to this pilaf as well.
Click here to see Awesome Asparagus Recipes.
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 Cup basmati rice, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 Cup fresh scallions, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Meanwhile, add the asparagus to an ovenproof pan (with enough room for the rice later) and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Roast the asparagus for 10 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven and mix in the cooked rice; bake for 6 more minutes until the rice is a bit crispy and the asparagus is nicely roasted.
Toss in the lemon juice and sesame oil and garnish with the fresh scallions.