See recipe with photos on the blog: https://pamelasalzman.com/turkey-lettuce-cups-recipe/ (Posted here with author's permission).
- 1 Tablespoon unrefined, cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Pound Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey
- 2 cloves gralic
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 Cup Hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Shoyu
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, finely grated
- 1/4 Teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 Cup toasted, salted cashews, chopped
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- Salt and pepper
- julienned carrrots
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to break up the turkey as it cooks; drain excess fat. Stir in garlic, onion, celery, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and crushed red pepper until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in cashews and green onions and cook until onions are tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper to taste. To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the turkey mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style. Garnish with cilantro leaves and/or carrots if desired.