- 4 Pounds chicken wings, tips removed, and cut at the joint
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 Cups apricot preserves
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 Cup soy sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Juice from one lime, about 2 tablespoons
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin
- 2 Tablespoons chopped chives
- Fresh lime wedges, for garnish
Season wings with salt.
Heat grill to medium high.
In the bowl of a food processor (small if available), combine preserves, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, lime juice, vinegar, and cumin process until smooth.
Place wings on the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes.
Turn, and grill for another 5-6 minutes.
With a pastry brush or spoon, brush the sauce on the wings.
Cook for about 1 minute, and turn.
Repeat on other side of wings.
Cook for another 1 minute.
Wings should register 170º F when tested with an instant read thermometer.
Serve the wings garnished with lime wedges.