- 8 Ounces lump crabmeat
- 1 14-ounce can artichokes hearts packed in water, drained, and coarsely chopped
- 2/3 Cups mayonnaise
- 1 Cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3 Tablespoons minced parsley
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Madeira wine
- Salt, to taste
- White pepper, to taste
- 1 Dash of paprika
- 3 Pinches of cayenne
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, combine crab, artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, Parmigiano-Reggiano, parsley, garlic, and Madeira wine with a fork. It should be thoroughly mixed but lumpy.
Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
Put mixture in a flat casserole dish large enough so that the mixture is no deeper than 2 inches.
Top with paprika and cayenne.
Bake uncovered for 20 minutes until bubbly.
Serve with toasted, sliced bread.