- 1 green apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 3 Cups crustless, day-old, white country bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1/2 Cup whole blanched almonds
- 1/2 Cup whole milk
- 2 Cups water
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 Cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 Cup sliced almonds
Combine apple, garlic, bread, grapes, blanched almonds, milk, and 2 cups water in a medium bowl. Season with salt. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours.
Transfer soup base to a blender and purée, adding water 1 tablespoon at a time if it is too thick, until smooth. With the blender still running, gradually add the olive oil and vinegar. Continue to blend until the soup is emulsified. Season with salt, pepper, and more vinegar if desired.
Strain soup through a fine mesh sieve, into a large bowl. Cover and chill until very cold.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread sliced almonds on a baking sheet and toast, tossing occasionally, until golden, about 4 minutes. Let cool.
Divide soup between bowls, and top with toasted almonds, drizzle with oil, and vinegar.