Prep time does not include inactive prep time when the steaks are marinating.
- 1 1/2 Pound fresh tuna steaks
- 1/4 Cup Kikkoman's traditionally brewed soy sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1/4 Cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 Cup orange juice
- 1 Teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon salt and black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano
Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and stir; add the tuna steaks and cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour or longer.
Prepare the barbecue.
Brush the barbecue grill with vegetable oil so that the steaks do not stick to the grill.
Barbecue the steaks for three to five minutes or so on each side.
The grilling time depends on how rare or well done you like the tuna.