- 2 Pounds rainbow carrots, ends trimmed, peeled
- 3-4 Cups loosely packed cauliflower florets, about 12 ounces
- 1 large red onion, halved, sliced into ¼-inch thick wedges
- 1/4 Cup expeller-pressed canola oil or safflower oil
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon mild chili powder
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 small lime
- 2-4 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit on convection or 400 degrees Fahrenheit on conventional. Have 2 rimmed baking sheets ready.
Slice carrots on the diagonal into ½-inch thick pieces.
Put half of the carrots, cauliflower and red onion on each baking sheet.
Drizzle vegetables with the oil; toss well to coat.
Sprinkle with the salt. Toss to mix. (Can stand up to 2 hours at room temperature before proceeding with recipe.)
Roast, stirring and turning vegetables over once or twice until carrots are tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, 25 to 30 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Transfer vegetables to a large serving bowl.
Add chili powder and lime zest and juice. Toss.
Serve sprinkled with cilantro.