Ranchero Sausage Stars Recipe
A fun and tasty treat that takes minutes to prepare. Don’t hesitate to buy wonton wrappers; they’re much easier to work with than puff pastry, and visually appealing, too.
Adapted from “Fast & Fabulous Party Foods and Appetizers” by Gwen McKee and Barbara Moseley.
- 1 pound bulk sausage
- 3 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup Hidden Valley Ranch Original Salad Dressing Mix, prepared as instructed on package (you can also use bottled salad dressing)
- One 2 ¼-ounce can sliced black olives
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- Butter or oil, for greasing tins and brushing wrappers
- 1 package fresh or frozen wonton wrappers
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large sauté pan, brown the sausage. Remove the meat and let it drain on a paper towel-lined tray. In a bowl, combine the cheese, dressing mix, olives, and red pepper. Add the meat and combine well.
Lightly grease a mini muffin pan and press a wrapper into each well. Brush the wrapper with oil and bake for 5 minutes, or until golden. Remove from tins and place on a baking sheet. Fill each cup with sausage mixture. Bake for 5 minutes, or until bubbly.