If using ground turkey instead of beef, spray the skillet with vegetable cooking spray before browning the turkey or use a nonstick skillet.
- 1 Pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 large onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 Teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 14.5-ounce carton Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking Mexican Style Tomato Soup
- ¼ Cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ Cup sour cream
- 1 green onion, sliced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Cook the beef and onion in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until the beef is well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
Stir in the beans, chili powder, cumin, and soup and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes. Serve with the cheese, sour cream, onions, and cilantro.