This is a comforting, flavorful drink that will make you want to go take a brisk walk in the park and take in the essence of fall. For a refreshing twist, serve this drink over ice.
- 1-2 shots of espresso (or ¼ cup water and 1 tablespoon instant espresso mix)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or stevia, natural sugar substitute)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for garnish* (optional)
- Cool Whip or whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
Brew the espresso and place in the refrigerator, uncovered, for a few minutes (skip this step if using instant mix).
In a small pot over medium-low heat, add milk, pumpkin purée, and sugar (or sugar substitute), stirring until well mixed. Add the vanilla and ½ teaspoon of pumpkin spice, then whisk with a wire whisk for 30 seconds.
Transfer to a mug or cup, then add the espresso (or water and instant espresso). Top with Cool Whip (or whipped cream) and additional spices, if desired.