Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
Enjoy some more pumpkin treats with these pumpkin cupcakes. It's a great, sweet way to end a nice meal.
- 2 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour, sift before measuring
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup mashed or cooked canned pumpkin
- 3/4 Cups milk
- 3/4 Cups chopped walnuts or pecans
Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a bowl. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs. Blend in mashed pumpkin.
Stir in the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the milk, blending until batter is smooth after each addition; stir in chopped walnuts or pecans.
Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin pan cups. Fill about 2/3 full. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Frost with cream cheese frosting (cream cheese and confectioners' sugar).