- 3 cups (725 milliliters) Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup (237 milliliters) radicchio, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) Romaine lettuce, chopped
- ¼ cup (59 milliliters) pomegranate seeds*
- ½ cup (118 milliliters) mandarin oranges or tangerine, cut into wedges
- 1 cup (225 grams) firm tofu, drained and cubed
- ¼ cup (30 grams) roasted hazelnuts
- ¼ cup (60 milliliters) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- ¼ cup (60 milliliters) olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- Pepper, to taste
Add 1 cup of water to a large stock pot. Bring to a boil, and add the Brussels sprouts; steam for 3-5 minutes, or until soft. Place in a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Cut the Brussels sprouts into quarters.
In a large bowl, toss together the Brussels sprouts, radicchio, Romaine, pomegranate seeds, oranges, tofu, and hazelnuts.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, mirin, oil, garlic, and rosemary. Heat a small frying pan over medium heat and pour in the vinegar mixture; cook until the mixture starts to bubble. Add the hot mixture to the salad and toss. Season lightly with pepper.