- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 medium-sized cloves garlic, minced
- One 15 ½-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon paprika, or fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- 1 small red or yellow pepper, sliced thickly
- 12 medium cherry tomatoes
- 1 small cucumber, cut into spears
- 3 medium carrots, cut into sticks
To prepare the dip, heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the garlic, stirring constantly, until the garlic just begins to turn golden, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
In a food processor or blender, combine the garlic-oil mixture, beans, and lemon juice. Process until smooth, slowly adding 1-2 tablespoons of water to obtain a thick yet creamy consistency; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the dip to a small bowl and garnish with paprika or chopped parsley, if desired. Serve with the prepared vegetables.