PointsPlus 15-Minute Chicken Gumbo Recipe
Here’s a gumbo recipe you can rely on in a pinch after a tiring, busy day at work. Even though it’s full of flavor, it won’t tip the scales too much.
- Cooking spray
- 16 ounces frozen okra, pepper, and onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- One 29-ounce can diced tomatoes with mild chiles
- 3 cups roasted skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Add the vegetables and sauté over high heat, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook 1 more minute.
Stir in the tomatoes, chicken, and creole seasoning. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until hot, about 6 minutes. Serve.