Pat's King of Steaks
1237 E Passyunk Ave (at S 9th St)
Philadelphia, PA 19147
- "Screw Geno's! These are the best cheesesteaks in Philly, bar none." - Conan O'Brien
- Cheesesteak ordering etiquette: for a steak w/ Cheez Whiz & onions, order Whiz Wit. If u prefer provolone & no onions, order Provolone Witout. Wanna go to the back of the line? Ask for fontina.
- don't go to Geno's!!!!
- Have your money and order ready before you get to the window, or else you piss off the employees and the people behind you.
- Wiz wit!
- Whiz wit. That's all you need to say.
- it's better than geno's. i'd go here instead.wiz witout
- Over rated. Geno's is better.
- Honestly, Roccos cheesesteaks at Home Depot here in Queens New York are better than these. When youre in Philly, you go to Jims. Its just a tourist destination with dissappointing food. Sadness.
- A bit better than Gino's in my opinion. These have more meat and it is chopped more.
- DON'T GO TO GENO'S
- Whiz Wit-out. Then piss on the street.
- Good googly moogly that steak is juicy.
- Overrated & rude..
- Pats King of Steaks claims that its founder, Pat Olivieri, invented the steak sandwich in 1930. Have your order ready as you approach the counter, & know whether you want your steak "Wit" or "Witout"
- "On this spot stood Sylvester Stallone filming the great motion picture "Rocky" Nov. 21, 1976.
- Settling a longtime local score, Tony Luke's faced Pat's King of Steaks in an epic Food Wars cheesesteak competition. In the end, the King retained its crown.
- People can't decide which place has the best Philly cheesesteaksPat's or Geno's. It's best to try both.
- "Wiz. Wit."
- Bread is hard, meat is full of nerves and tasteless, the whole thing is dry. Not impressed.