I do love fall and cooking with apples is so much fun! You can make breakfast, lunch, snacks and of course dessert. Try my Paleo Apple Crisp! So good……….
- 1 1/2 Cup almond flour
- Coconut oil or organic butter, melted to coat baking dish
- 3/4 Teaspoons nutmeg
- 5 medium apples, peeled, sliced and chopped
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 2 Teaspoons cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350° F. In a large mixing bowl combine almond flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter. This creates your crumble topping (you may want to crumble with your fingers) In a smaller bowl, combine oil, agave and vanilla. Stir wet ingredients into dry. Place apples in a 8×8 baking dish. Crumble topping over the apples. Bake for 35-40 minutes. When apples are soft and their juices bubble and the topping becomes brown. Serve warm!