Ottavia Bourdain's Shake Shack and Bad Steak Diet, and More News
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news in the food world.
• With the lobster haul bringing in record numbers this year, prices are dirt cheap while lobstermen are practically losing money. [NPR]
• McDonald's is reportedly testing blueberry pomegranate smoothies in Michigan. [Michigan Live]
• Wylie Dufresne's new tasting menu gets a rave, proving it's still kind of a big deal. [Village Voice]
• Looks like more California restaurants are tiptoeing around the foie gras ban, while PETA promises protests. Nothing ever changes. [ABC]
Chefs and Personalities
• Ottavia Bourdain shares her everyday eating with Grub Street, complaining about subpar free food (notably called getting "food f*cked.") Oh, it's tough to be married to Anthony Bourdain. [Grub Street]
• Mark Bittman got a cookbook and diet book deal, called VB6: Eat Vegan Before 6:00 to Lose Weight and Restore Your Health…for Good, out March 19, 2013. [Eater]
• New food channel "Tasted" has launched on YouTube, with videos from the gals behind Four & Twenty Blackbirds, as well as Top Chef's Dale Talde. [YouTube/Tasted]
Jessica Chou is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @jesschou.